Sunday, November 17, 2013

Welcome to my travel and research blog

First off, if you have been given this link to follow my research, then thank you for your support!
This blog has been created exclusively for supporters and well-wishers of my project Book Publishing and Social Change. It will form the research component of my Masters of Arts degree for Athabasca University's Integrated Studies program in Community Development Studies. My research is going to include a trip to India to for field research on Tara Books, as well as a literature review and case study analysis.

More info on Tara Books is here

While I am in India I am also going to Karnataka Province to assist a Canadian Volunteer agency with a baby sea turtle program.

Here is a map of India, I circled where I will be going



This research is partly supported by my IndieGoGo campaign, thank you everyone who helped me! I am so honoured and gifted to have your support.

In addition to the generosity of my IndieGoGo supporters, I will be receiving a Graduate Student Research Fund grant - a huge honour. This fund is provided to students who will undertake sustained research and can demonstrate that their research will contribute to the advancement of knowledge!  A tall order indeed.

So with your generosity in heart, my research notes in hand, I head to the mystic East.

Watch here for updates and pictures


1 comment: